Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2006, 07:50 AM   #1
Larwee

GeekGuide

Default Woman clicks own ads, gets suspended, sues Google

Google says you are not suppose to click on your own AdSense ads, and they make that very clear. It is part of their terms. People know it, or at least they should know it.

A woman has clicked on her own AdSense ads. Her AdSense account was suspended by Google and now she is suing Google for $250,000.00.

Theresa B. Bradley is a management consultant who lives in Washington, DC. She accuses Google of several counts of fraud and misrepresentation, including misrepresentation in commercial advertising, and of "willfull, wanton, fraudulent and malicious" conduct regarding AdSense. Her suit goes on to say there is misrepresentation in interstate commerce.

Theresa B. Bradley doesn't claim that she didn't click her own ads. She said she did, but she did it just to see if there were any competing products being advertised.

As you probably know, she could have used the preview tool or other methods to do that without clicking on her own ads. But she clicked on the ads and says it is Google's fault that she did and she wants $250,000 for it because they suspended her account.

Bradley says Google caused her irreparable harm by damaging her reputation and the reputation of her products and services.

But that isn't all. It turns out she has also sued Yahoo. Information on that isn't available at the present time and Yahoo had no comment.

This article has more details on her suit against Google http://oraclewatch.eweek.com/blogs/g.../31/12873.aspx
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:29 AM   #2
praveen

read this earlier,

looks like she doesnt the meaning of D U M B...

and to top it all, she has declared herself to be penniless hence she cant pay the court fees
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:41 AM   #3
Jay | Canep Media

Pretty absurd...
There's a link to her website in the news article you posted, and it also goes to say this:
"her staff spent 100 hours placing and reviewing HTML code for Google AdSense "
Somehow, I don't see how the entire WEBSITE taking 100 hours to complete, let alone the ads.
With 46 indexed pages, I don't see it taking someone 2 hours+ just to upload some code.. I'm pretty sure any court would see this.
She's got no case...

But it gets you to think, did she plan this?
What would have happened if she didn't get her account banned?
Jay | Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #4
praveen

Jensense blogged abt this as well

http://www.jensense.com/archives/200...dsense_11.html
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
gophergas

What's that saying?

95% of website publishers make the rest of us look bad?
gophergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
s.herzig

Her "staff" took 100 hours to complete that site? Looks like 1 hour work with FrontPage or something -.-

But aside from that, look at all the attention she now gets. It's a way of getting known/attention drawn to her business/website as far as I can see.

-Sebastian
s.herzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #7
kris_pueblos

She's destorying her own credibility by making herself look d u m b.
100 hours? Hmm. What a crock.
kris_pueblos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:52 PM   #8
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

The article has been updated a few times so far, the latest update:

Update #3: Theresa Bradley called me this morning to confirm the lawsuit. She informed me that she had an addendum to the complaint and would forward such via e-mail, but had to get off the phone before I could inquire further. I'll let you know when I've heard more.

I wish the author posted more details about the phone call. I wonder if he called the lawsuit "ridiculous" to her on the phone like he does in the article?
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM   #9
Steve_S

Exclamation Drop by her appartment and ask her!

Note my topic title and here is the newest member of the "lets cheat" AdSence clubs HOME address:

Theresa Bradley lives at and sleeps at:

4500 Connecticut Ave NW <Apartment number snipped to protect the innocent - that includes YOU >
Washington, DC 20008

Reference the incomplete address on her site at:

http://bravacorp.com/contact.html

Want some more link love Theresa?

Last edited by Czar; 09-16-2006 at 12:54 AM.
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 04:18 PM   #10
emmzee

Note that the "office" is apparently closed on weekends

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=31358069

Also note that I do not recommend this, since actually going to her home and harassing her probably isn't the most worthwhile or fruitful idea ...
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:13 PM   #11
Steve_S

Lightbulb Theresa Bradley has a question...

More link love

"Question Submitted by Theresa Bradley, Psy.D. Clinic:

Have you ever read? "The Neuro-Biology of Aggression - Understanding and Preventing Violence" By Mark Paul Statton. If not, why not.?

Source:

http://www.amnestyusa.org/askamnesty...y.php?topic=46

Theresa, I might like to knock on doors and have (thousands of times) during normal hours of the week and if you tell me to leave then I certainly will, HOWEVER I have no aggression lurking inside me so I have no reason to read this book.

Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:28 PM   #12
Jan

Administrator

Hopefully none of you geeks ever need a psychologist, some seem to have troubled areas themselves
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:49 PM   #13
cheatindex

I frankly feel it's pretty low to put her house address and single it out in an online forum.

Let the courts deal with what is wrong and right, and we can review the results. To make pre-emptive judgements, then post her address, seems rather biased, and frankly, childish.
cheatindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:45 AM   #14
Jay | Canep Media

Any GV members in the DC area?
Frankly I'd love to see someone drop by. Sadly I'm overseas
Jay | Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:40 AM   #15
Sashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatindex
I frankly feel it's pretty low to put her house address and single it out in an online forum.
Steve is just making reference to the fact her business is out of her apartment, which actually is pretty common in DC. Apartments will even have business listings in the lobby and signage at the entrance. In DC if you want an accountant, lawyer or psychologist all you need to do is open your front door, walk 20 feet down the hall and voila -- now that's convenience.
Sashman is offline   Reply With Quote