Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell > Archives of old posts from Let's Barter/Trade, Buy, & Sell
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2001, 07:53 AM   #1
Desler

Cool Site Sponsorship for 1 Year - Unique Gaming Site - Takers?

I'm offering a unique opportunity for someone who may be interested. I am the owner of a gaming site known as 'Campaign Creations', located at http://www.campaigncreations.com/.

The site isn't a news site like most other gaming web sites, it is dedicated to making modifications for the game 'StarCraft', and will continue to make modifications for 'WarCraft III'. for many years. Because of this, we are a completely all content site. Updates to the site are made as we have new content available. Currently, several authors are working, and will continue working on new projects for the site. Unfortunately, we have a rather large hosting bill at the moment, and we do not have the experience to generate revenue for this site.

Statistics (Based on Web Trends Live Statistic Tracking):
Daily Unique Visitors: 2800-4400 daily, depending on the day of the week.
Daily Impression Count: 9000-23000 daily, I don't trust stats on impressions completely, it reads as 25k on Web Trends, so I'm being more liberal here.
Misc: Loyal visitors, just take a look at our forum to see the amount of activity at our site if you have any doubt.
History: Founded in March of 1999. Moved to domain in May of 1999. Started out small, but has built up a loyal fan-base, as well as recieving many new visitors whenever a major project (modification or campaign) is released. Large 'community' connections, we have had our work featured on the GameSpy front page twice before. Not only do we do mods for campaigns, but we also make 3d cinematics to go along with them, which are very well done. You can see the example of one here: ( http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?...645&file=55763 )

What you will get:
- The ability to use sponsorships for whatever you please. CJ, DirectLeads, CPM advertising, your choice. You worry about what you want to use your banner space for. Restrictions apply, see below.
- 468x60 banner links anywhere on every page. Restrictions apply, see below.
- Small 'button' and 'mini-banners' throughout our front page, limit 3.
- 3 Clearly defined text links of your choice on the front page. Nothing misleading.
- Search Boxes / E-mail lists on site/forum, but must be clearly defined, nothing misleading. All forum search boxes will go on the bottom of the pages, all 'main page and site' search boxes would go on the sidebar underneath the regular content.
- Our staff does this for a hobby. We will continue to maintain the site as we have for the past 3 years, which means working on projects, etc. We don't do this for money, we do this for fun, it is a hobby site.
- Other unique ideas can be hammered out with me, the site owner.

Restrictions:
- No adult advertising.
- No 'blind links' or misleading links, we are a reputable site with a high level of integrity, and we intend to keep our site as professional as possible, despite being a hobby site.
- The site remains our property. We will work at our own pace as we always have, and you will have no control over the actual content, with the exception of advertising. You are granted a respectable amount of advertising rights to do with as you please.
- Extremely limited pop-up advertising. One per unique visitor per 12 hour period. No more then that. You will have to make the arrangements as far as software goes to manage this, if you desire.

That's it. Basically we are offering you the space in our site, and leaving it up to YOU to sell. If you can make a profit off of your initial investment, more power to you. We have bills to pay though, and can't be worried about such things. We will retain our relationship for approximately one year, after which time, we can renegotiate if you please. Shorter contracts can be negotiated. We're looking for around $2500+ for each 3-month period, or $10,000+ for a full year sponsorship. All above is negotiable, and as long as everything is reasonable, we can come to an agreement.

Marco Hernandez
desler@campaigncreations.com / desler@gamespymail.com / neodesler@hotmail.com

EDIT: ICQ Contact as well, 5712096. I get a lot of random people adding me, so be sure and speak up if you are interested so I can respond.

[This message has been edited by Desler (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 12:55 AM   #2
Tox
Member.

Unhappy

At what level is your monthly hosting costs?

------------------
Webmaster Ads
Increase Your Revenue
Old 06-13-2001, 09:05 AM   #3
Desler

Unhappy

It's currently close to 350$ per month, we used 60 gigabytes last month. The thing is - all of our large files are served from FilePlanet, so most of our traffic is coming from neccesary image/html files. It's very annoying. :P

[This message has been edited by Desler (edited 06-13-2001).]
Old 06-13-2001, 11:46 PM   #4
Tox
Member.

Unhappy

"We don't do this for money, we do this for fun, it is a hobby site."

But you are planing to get above 1000 $ in profits every third month anyway? I think you should lower you price before anyone will be interested.

------------------
Webmaster Ads
Increase Your Revenue
Old 06-14-2001, 06:43 AM   #5
Desler

Thumbs up

Anything extra is used to purchase programs. That cinematic you may of watched, is what we use money for. Other investments include professional sound samples, microphones for voice acting - everything which will make our personal projects 'cooler'. Anyways, I think the price is extremely fair for the amount of impressions we recieve, as well as the fact that they can use the advertising for whatever they please (within reason), while we maintain the site. I doubt you can find that much anywhere else. Someone with experience with CPA programs could probably turn this into a gold mine. Like I said though, I don't have the experience to take on such projects.